May 26, 2016
Imogen Mitchell’s SMACC Chicago talk 'Morphing the Recalcitrant
Clinician’ talks us through the steps to engage the reluctant
physician when implementing change.
Imogen initally touches on the stages of physician engagement from aversion, to apathy, to engaged and then outlines the steps to morphing the reluctant physician.
1. Seek out a clinical champion
2. Establish a common purpose/vision
3. Standardise what is standardisable
4. Communication, communication, communication
5. Work out barriers and overcome them
6. Deal with the ‘Whats in it for me?’WIFM